2022 IEEE 1st Global Emerging Technology Blockchain Forum will be hosting a series of special sessions and workshop. Special sessions and workshops feature topics relevant to the Blockchain networks and the cryptocurrencies communities on the latest research, engineering, standards and business issues They provide a sample of the state-of-the-art research in both academia and industry in special, novel, challenging, and emerging topics. Special sessions and workshops typically include a mix of regular and invited presentations including regular papers, invited papers, as well as invited presentations and panels to facilitate highly interactive sessions. They will need to generate at least four (4) accepted papers and these papers will be reviewed within the framework of the overall Technical Program Committee process. Special-session proposals should be submitted by the prospective organizer(s) who will commit to promoting and handling the review process of their special session or workshop as Chairs or Co-Chairs of the event.
Proposals should include the following information (maximum five pages):
- Special session or Workshop title
- Length of the special session (half/full day)
- Name(s) of special session organizer(s)
- Email of main contact person
- A brief biography (no more than 200 words per person) of special session organizer(s)
- Brief description of the special session including abstract, scope, outline, importance, and timeliness
- Planned format of the special session including projected number of referred papers and hot topic sessions
- Potential participants including program committee members and invited speakers
- Related topics
- Prior history on past editions of the special session, if any, including the number of submitted and accepted papers, the number of attendees, etc.
- A draft of the call for papers
Accepted events must follow IEEE academic best practices regarding peer reviews and paper publication.
Papers submitted to special sessions will have to be evaluated and peer-reviewed along the very same criteria of the regular sessions. Accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore subject to meeting IEEE Xplore’s scope and quality requirements.
Important dates for Workshop and Special Session proposal submissions
Proposals due: July 15, 2022
Notification of selection: July 25, 2022 or sooner (rolling acceptances)
Website setup + CFP dissemination: July 30, 2022 or sooner
Deadline for paper submission: September 01, 2022
Acceptance Notification: September 25, 2022
Please provide all the information requested above when preparing your special session proposal before electronically submitting it in PDF format.
- Alex Norta Dymaxion OÜ
- Akram Hakiri University of Carthage, lSSAT Mateur, Tunisia
- Claudio Lima Blockchain Engineering Council