Blockchain Future Networks
- Fawzi Behmann, Ph.D., President TelNet Management Consulting Inc.
- Ashutosh Dutta, Chief 5G Strategist, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab
Scope and Motivation
5G represents a major departure from previous cellular generations. It will not only focus on speed, lower latency and spectrum efficiency but continue driving rapid growth of mobile data traffic with exciting new applications and enhanced user experiences and empower a number of vertical industries in the near future.
Collaborative technologies such as IoT, AI and blockchain will accelerate the adoption of 5G collecting and aggregating data for edge computing and with 6G for edge intelligence performing analysis and generating insightful information for critical actions.
Looking ahead, 5G Advanced standardization is now underway leading to the next step of opportunities for 5G evolution. At the same time, industry and academia are engaged with 6G research across key technologies and future use cases.
A distinguished panel intends to contribute to this topic and discussion, by addressing perspectives coming from different industrial sectors.
Topics of Interest
The session will cover:
- A clear understanding of 5G & 6G positioning, features and roadmap
- Architecture evolution pushing intelligence to the edge
- Provide examples of use cases empowered by 5G/6G, IoT, AI and blockchain including:
- Enhanced Mobile Services (e.g. High-speed application, video streaming, gaming)
- Massive Machine-type Communications (e.g. Smart homes. Smart building, Smart Cities)
- Ultra-reliable and low latency communications (e.g. Self-driving car, AR/VR, Mission-critical applications)
- Provide an example of network slicing for bandwidth efficiency, security and QoS.
- Provide use cases for Edge Cloud
- Provide use cases for Automation and Orchestration
- Challenges and Opportunities for Next Generation Security
- Understanding positioning of 5G/5G Advanced, 6G and beyond
- Role of IoT, AI, Blockchain in offering new classes of applications and enhanced services empowered by 5G/6G
- Concept of virtualization and networking slicing for the dynamic launch of new services
Call for Panelist:
- Panelist One
- Panelist Two
- Panelist Three
- Panelist Four
- Panelist Five
- Paper Submission: 31.07.2022
- Notification: 30.8.2022
- Camera Ready and Registration: 15 September 2022
Fawzi is visionary, innovative, thought leader, author, results driven with unique blend of business acumen, marketing and technology skills. Core technical skills is communications and networking and specializes in positioning disruptive technologies such as IoT, AI, 5G/6G, blockchain in developing smart ecosystem solutions in key markets such as health & and wellness, public safety, smart homes/building, smart energy and mobility.
Held variety of leadership positions with Teleglobe International carrier, Nortel Network systems, Motorola/Freescale semiconductor. Founded TelNet Management Consulting Inc. 2009 and Co-authored “Collaborative IoT” by Wiley.
Fawzi volunteered at IEEE and currently he is IEEE WCNC 2022 chair, ComSoc North America Regional Director and BoG member. Fawzi received multiple awards including IEEE Leadership Section chair for Central Texas Section (2017-2018), IEEE USA professional leadership award for 2017, ComSoc Chapter Achievement Award for 2021 and IEEE ComSoc Chapter of the Year and Chapter Achievement Awards for 2020, 2017, 2015 and MGA Regional outstanding Member for 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Fawzi has MBA, Masters in Computer Science, Bachelor in Science with honors in Mathematics with distinction.
Ashutosh Dutta, an IEEE Fellow, is currently Chief 5G Strategist and Lawrence Hafstad Fellow at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Labs. He serves as the chair for Electrical and Computer Engineering for Engineering Professional Program at JHU. In the past, he worked as Director of Technology Security at AT&T, CTO of Wireless at NIKSUN, Senior Scientist at Telcordia Research, Director of Central Research Facility at Columbia University, adjunct faculty at NJIT, and Computer Engineer with TATA Motors. Ashutosh serves as the founding Co-Chair for the IEEE Future Networks. Ashutosh has served as the general Co-Chair for the premier IEEE 5G World Forums and has organized 80 5G World Summits. Ashutosh served as IEEE Communications Society’s Distinguished Lecturer for 2017-2020 and served as the Director of Industry Outreach for IEEE Communications Society from 2014-2019 where he currently serves as Member At Large. Ashutosh currently serves as Industry Forum and Exhibits co-chair for Globecom 2022 and the Chair for IEEE Industry Connections for Open RAN.
Ashutosh served as the chair for IEEE Princeton / Central Jersey Section, Industry Relation Chair for Region 1 and MGA, Pre-University Coordinator for IEEE MGA and vice chair of Education Society Chapter of PCJS. He co-founded the IEEE STEM conference (ISEC) and helped to implement EPICS (Engineering Projects in Community Service) projects in several high schools. Ashutosh is a Distinguished Alumnus of NIT Rourkela, has a MS in Computer Science from NJIT, and Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Columbia University under the supervision of Prof. Henning Schulzrinne.